By Nate Leveille
Girls Results (LancerTiming)
Boys Results (LancerTiming)
Windy conditions and mild temperatures contributed to excellent performances by many New Hampshire athletes at the Nashua North Invitational. The sprinters brought their “A” game with a number of top times in the state. The meet was very well run by the Lancertiming crew and the field event officials also did an impressive job getting through the long list of competitors.
- Yogelis Ortiz (Londonderry) won the 100m in a blazing time of 12.26. The top 6 placers were all New Hampshire athletes and all broke 13 seconds!
- In a battle of indoor state champs Ortiz was able to outdistance Souhegan’s Hickey in the long jump.
- After finishing second to Ortiz in the 100 meter dash Concord 9th grader Grace Devanny was able to pull away from the field and win the 200 meter run with a time of 25.46.
- Elise Renahan of Timberlane managed to fight through the wind to win the 400 meter run in 59.42.
- Heidi Ntengeri (Bishop Guertin) used a strong last lap to hold on to the win in the 800 meters run. She also ran a strong leg on BG’s winning 4x400m relay team.
- Michaella Conery (Concord) had an impressive distance double winning the mile in 5:21 and finishing second in the 800.
- Siaoli Wright (Merrimack) had a nice day on the track winning the 300m hurdles, placing 5th in the 200 meter run, and running a strong relay leg.
- Angel Feliz (Concord) is very fit and the guy to beat in the 100-200 meters this year. His time of 10.81 in the finals is one of the faster 100’s I can remember in recent memory. His monster day also included a 21’ long jump victory, and runner up in the 200 meters.
- Concord certainly established themselves as a team to look for at D1’s.
- Sebastian Eaton of Souhegan had a very impressive 400 meters breaking 50 seconds in the process.
- In one of the more entertaining races of the day Jamie Wilkes (Concord) used a late surge to overtake Nick Sevilla of Pinkerton for the win in the 1600. The race had 4-5 different leaders.
- Jeff Reddy (Pinkerton) continued his strong spring season by winning the 3200 over a solid field of competitors which included Kendall Westhoff (Alvirne) and Tom Hanlon (Pinkerton).
- Terrell Lewis (Nashua South) had a solid day finishing second in the 110 meter hurdles and winning the high jump.
2 thoughts on “2016 Nashua North Invitational”
Fyi Emma Bzick won D1 indoor 2016. Yorgelis Ortiz won indoor 2015
You are correct. My mistake.