NHTF Shout-Outs! Yes we do the HOKA Athlete of the Week, but that celebrates just 2 athletes. The Granite State typically has so many more stand out performances worthy of mentions! Similar to the point in interviews when the athletes give quick shout-outs, these will be quick! Additionally, we hope this becomes more of an interactive post where you all comment below if you think someone should get a shout-out who did not for their weekend performance! Enjoy!
This week is a little light on the NWTL schedule as it was RELAY WEEKEND! However, many ventured to Boston for the Terrier Classic! Fast times and great performances were sure to be had!
Shout-Outs: Weekend 1/26-1/29/2023
- At Boston University’s Terrier Classic, PCA’s Brianna Malone dropped the 3rd fastest time in the country in the 1000 meters with a 2:52.26!
- OR’s Mackenzie Cook ran an 18:20.15 in the 5000m to qualify for Nationals!
- OR’s Haley Kavanagh ran 5:14.97 in the mile
- At Pinkerton’s Field Event meet, Pinkerton’s Jordan Wheaton cleared 5’6″ in the High Jump!
- North’s Madelyn Novak and Pinkerton’s Brianna Danis were only separated by .25″ in the Shot Put
- At BU, CBNA’s Aidan Cox showed he is rounding into form as he dropped an 8:16.65 in the 3000 meters. While this does not count towards a state record as it was in a college meet racing against college competition, his time is good for 3rd fastest in the nation.
- Cox then anchored another 3rd fastest time in the country as Coe-Brown raced the Distance Medley Relay on Saturday. Tyler Tkaczyk led off the 1200 in 3:11, Matthew Corriveau ran the 400 in 51 and change, Jamie Lano popped a 1:57 on the 800 leg and Cox closed with a 4:12 mile. Coe-Brown ran 10:12.89!
- Londonderry’s Sean Clegg, continuing his rock star season, ran the 800 in 1:54.68!
- Oyster River’s Ty Dorow popped a 50.11 in the 400 meters.
- Keene’s Chris Stevens and Memorials AJ Sebastien were within .01 of each other in the 60 meters at 7.10 and 7.11 respectively. Can’t wait for 2 weeks from now! Additionally, Stevens came back to roll a 22.20 in the 200 meters while Sebastien crossed in 22.67.
- At the same Pinkerton Field Event meet, North took the top 3 spots in the shot put with Toby Brown winning with a toss of 54’6.75″