The 2016 Black Bear Invitational is slated to begin at 9:00am this Saturday, April 30th in Northwood, NH at Coe-Brown Northwood Academy. With 30+ teams and over 1000 athletes from all 3 divisions, the Black Bear is quite unique. It is a team scored event and is the only invite to run the 3200 first, while culminating with ‘Relay City’, the 4×800 and 4×400 back-to-back. A perfect ending to the team competition! New this year is the addition of the Middle School Mile. NHTF will also be there taking videos, Dave Scannell’s pics, and under the Runner’s Alley tent for interviews.
The 14th Annual Black Bear Invitational Order of Events
BLACKBEAR Performance List – final seeded sections (100, Highs, 1600) to be determined after scratches
- All-American Maegan Doody (OR) will be making her debut in the 1600 and 800.
- What will Kristie Schoffield (MV) do? She is entered in 4 events ranging from Triple Jump to the 3200. Have we ever seen an athlete like this???
- Not to be overshadowed, Alabama bound Elisabeth Danis (CBNA) is competing in the 3200 and the 1600.
- After a 1st and a 2nd last week, can Alex Curtis (White Mountains) sweep the hurdle events?
- Will Dominque Twombly (OR) make it 2 consecutive weekends of sweeping the 100 and 200?
- How many points will Milford’s Olivia Rougeau score in the High and Long Jumps?
- Race of the day may be in the 4×400 between Bishop Guertin and Timberlane. Both team can threaten 4:10!
- Which team will emerge as team champion? Bedford? Coe-Brown? Bishop Guertin? Milford? Oyster River?
- Can Timberlane’s Kyle Faucher break the meet record in the javelin? He is seeded at 178′ while the record is a 179’11” set back in 2007. Coincidentally, record holder Shawn MacNevin was coached by Faucher’s current coach, Nate Leveille.
- Can Troy Davis (Keasarge) sweep the Long and High Jump? What about his teammate Zach Astle in the throws?
- Can Wood (MV) sweep the hurdles again this weekend? He will have his hands full in the highs with Winnacunnet’s Powers and in the 300 hurdles with Portsmouth’s Joey Auger and Bedford’s Theodore Sarette.
- What about Scarlotto (Portsmouth) v. Eaton (Souhegan) in the 100 and 200? Who will emerge as the premier sprinter of Division 2??
- How fast can Patrick O’Brien (OR) run in the 1600 after dropping the 9:19 3200 last week?
- Timberlane’s Liam Kimball is slated to run the 800 in his first big meet of 2016.
- Which team will emerge as team champion? D3 favorites Kearsarge? D2 champs Portsmouth? D1 teams Winnacunnet, Timberlane?